Poco is a new budget phone from Xioami, the Chinese company that brought you the Mi Note and the Mi Note Pro before that. This Poco X3 has a 5.45-inch 18:9 1440p (2160×1080) screen and a Snapdragon 660 CPU and comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The phone is also running Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3500mAh battery.
This is a guide for those of you who want to root Poco X3 GT. Make sure it’s S-OFF before you continue.
The Poco X3 is a Chinese phone that has a large market share in the Asian markets. It is a great phone in terms of performance and battery life, but does have a few minor shortcomings. The biggest of which is that it has locked boot loader and no root access.
Poco just launched two GT versions, the Poco X3 GT and Poco F3 GT, for which we previously provided the Google Camera and are now back with the root guide. You will learn how to root the Poco X3 GT and how to unlock the bootloader of the Poco X3 GT in this article.
The Poco X3 GT is the newest phone in the Poco phone range, at least as of the writing of this article. The Poco X3 is a well-liked series, and the inclusion of the GT variant will benefit both the OEM and the consumers.
The Poco X3 GT has a 6.6-inch FHD+ display with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It’s no surprise that faster refresh rates are becoming increasingly prevalent, even on low-cost phones. It has a MediaTek Dimensity 1100 SoC and a Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, making it a 5G phone. The phone has 8GB of RAM and 126/256GB of storage.
Because it’s a Xiaomi phone, it runs MIUI, which gives you access to a plethora of personalization themes. However, the UI is crowded, and many users would like to switch to alternative ROMs or even Xiaomi.eu, which is bloatware-free. However, if there aren’t many users, rooting will be used since it offers you greater control over your phone. We’ll also show you how to unlock the bootloader on the Poco X3 GT, which is needed for all of the activities listed above.
Users who wish to personalize their phones and access system-level options still need to root their Android phones. Rooting, like jailbreaking on iPhones, extends the privilege on Android phones. It has sophisticated capabilities like as custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more, in addition to fundamental functions. However, you must first unlock the bootloader of the Poco X3 GT in order to root it. Let’s start with the bootloader instructions.
Poco X3 GT Bootloader Unlock
Xiaomi phones, like other Android phones from other OEMs, come with a locked bootloader by default. It implies you can’t root or install custom ROMs on your phone by default. If you want to root your phone, you must first unlock the bootloader. Fortunately, Xiaomi makes it simple to unlock the bootloader. So, let’s have a look at how to unlock the bootloader on the Poco X3 GT.
- This will erase all data from your phone, so make a complete backup of your Poco X3 GT before proceeding.
- Download the Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your PC.
- Now go to your phone’s Settings and sign in to your Mi Account, then wait at least 7 days. You may also skip this step if you’ve been signed in for more than 7 days. You can even try right now if you don’t want to wait.
- Then go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Sync all App data at least once.
- Now, under About Phone Settings, press 7 times on the MIUI version to activate developer options. ‘You are now a developer,’ it will say.
- Go back to Settings and then go to Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging in the developer settings.
- Connect your device to an active internet connection using the same phone number as your Mi account. Then, under developer settings, click to Mi Unlock Status and connect your Mi Account.
- Now boot your Poco X3 GT into Fastboot mode. To do this, turn off your phone and then press & hold Volume Down + Power button together and release buttons when the Mi Bunny image shows up on the phone.
- Connect your computer to the Internet using an active connection. Then launch the Mi Unlock Tool and log in with the same Mi account as your Poco X3 GT.
- After the tool has detected your phone, click the ‘Unlock Now’ option.
- It will immediately begin unlocking the bootloader and wiping all data from the Xiaomi Poco X3 GT.
Note: If the tool freezes at 99 percent, wait a few days and attempt the same technique again.
After restarting your Poco X3 GT after unlocking the bootloader, go to developer settings and see whether OEM Unlocking is enabled. After you’ve double-checked everything, you’re ready to start rooting. Make sure to read the section on requirements.
How to Root the Poco X3 GT
- On your phone, install the Magisk app.
- On your PC, extract the boot.img file from the Poco X3 GT Firmware. Delete the boot.img file from your phone’s storage.
- Open the Magisk app and choose Install from the drop-down menu next to Magisk.
- Choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ on the following screen.
- Now go to the boot.img file and pick it. It will begin to patch the file.
- The patched file will be named magisk patched.img and will be found in the Download folder once it has been completed.
- Copy the patched file to C:adb on your PC (or Platform tools folder). To boot, rename the file. img.
- Turn your Xiaomi Poco X3 GT off and enter Fastboot mode (use the guide given in unlock bootloader steps). When your phone is in Fastboot mode, connect it to your computer.
- To launch Command Window, go to the C:adb folder (or Platform tools) and change the address to CMD.
- To see whether it’s connected, run the instructions below in a Command/PowerShell window; it should return id.
- To root the Poco X3 GT, connect it to your computer and run the command below.
- flash boot boot.img fastboot
- Reboot your phone into the system using the following command after flashing the modified boot file.
- Open the Magisk app and follow the in-app instructions when the device boots into the system.
- That’s it; your Poco X3 GT has now been successfully rooted.
Check for root access using any third-party root checker software after completing the root procedure. After you’ve verified your access, you may use all of the applications and functions that need root access. On your phone, you may utilize all Xposed Modules. For this, you’ll need the Xposed Framework.
So there you have it, a full tutorial to rooting the Poco X3 GT as well as a method to unlocking the bootloader on the Poco X3 GT. Let us know if you have any more queries in the comments area.
Also look at:
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- poco x3 nfc
- how to root poco x3 gt and unlock bootloader download
- how to root poco x3 gt and unlock bootloader windows 10
- how to root poco x3 gt and unlock bootloader free
- how to root poco x3 gt and unlock bootloader mac