BlueStacks is a software that allows you to play Android games on your computer. It has been downloaded over 10 million times and has an average rating of 4.5 stars on the Google Play store.
The bluestacks won’t start mac is an issue that has been present for a while. BlueStacks has released a full guide on how to fix the issue.
Milan Stanojevic is a writer who lives in Belgrade, Serbia.
Expert in Windows and Software
Milan has been fascinated by computers since he was a kid, and this has led him to be interested in all PC-related technology. He worked as a front-end web developer before joining WindowsReport. Continue reading
20th of October, 2021
Originally published in August 2018
- BlueStacks is a popular cloud-based Android emulator for PC that allows users to access thousands of applications directly from their PCs.
- If BlueStacks Engine won’t start, try running it in compatibility mode, closing background apps, and pausing your antivirus program.
- If you followed this tutorial, BlueStacks should be functioning well on your machine, but if it ever crashes or stops working, check out our collection of BlueStacks Guides articles.
- The Troubleshooting Page should be your first visit if you have a problem with your system, whether it’s hardware or software related.
We suggest DriverFix to solve a variety of PC issues: This program will maintain your drivers up to date, ensuring that you are protected against frequent computer problems and hardware failure. Check all of your drivers right now in three simple steps:
- DriverFix may be downloaded here (verified download file).
- To identify all faulty drivers, click Start Scan.
- To obtain updated versions of drivers and prevent system failures, go to Update Drivers.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded DriverFix.
BlueStacks is a popular cloud-based Android emulator for PC that allows users to access thousands of applications directly from their PCs. While the platform is generally reliable, customers sometimes report problems with it, such as BlueStacks Engine failing to start on specific computers.
If you’re having trouble launching BlueStacks on your Windows PC, the solutions listed below will have you up and running in no time.
What should I do if BlueStacks Engine refuses to launch?
Bluestacks is a great software, however many users have complained that it gets stuck during the initialization process. This may be a major issue, and while we’re on the subject of difficulties, here are some more that people have reported:
- Bluestacks has been stuck on the initialization screen. Windows 10 is a new operating system from Microsoft. This issue may occur on virtually every version of Windows, so even if you don’t have Windows 10, you should be able to utilize most of our remedies.
- Bluestacks won’t start the engine – This may happen if Bluestacks processes are operating in the background. To resolve the issue, just terminate those processes and see if it helps.
- Bluestacks stuck on welcome screen – Another problem that may prevent Bluestacks from operating is when it becomes stuck on the welcome screen. Check that your antivirus isn’t interfering with Bluestacks to resolve the issue.
- Bluestacks freezes for a second – Several people have experienced this problem on their computers. Disable all starting apps and try running Bluestacks again to resolve the issue.
1. Exit any other programs that are open.
Third-party apps may occasionally cause Bluestacks to get stuck during the initialization process. Because many of these programs start automatically with Windows, doing a Clean boot and disabling all starting applications and services is recommended.
This is a basic process that may be accomplished by following these steps:
- Enter msconfig by pressing Windows Key + R. Now hit Enter or OK to continue.
- The window for System Configuration will now appear. Hide all Microsoft services is checked in the Services tab. Now choose the Disable all option.
- To open the Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and select Open Task Manager.
- In Task Manager, a list of starting apps will now display. Disable the first item on the list by right-clicking it and selecting Disable from the menu. Rep this procedure for each of the starting apps on the list.
- Task Manager should be closed. Return to the System Configuration window and save your changes by clicking Apply and OK. To make the modifications take effect, restart your computer.
Check whether the Bluestacks issue persists after your PC has restarted. If not, it’s likely that one of the startup apps was to blame.
You’ll need to enable startup apps and services till you discover the issue application to figure out what’s causing the problem.
Remove it from your computer after you’ve found it and see if it helps.
2. Download and install the most recent version of Bluestacks.
When older and outdated versions of the Bluestacks engine fail to start, we recommend reinstalling the Bluestacks program to resolve the issue.
Make sure to remove Bluestacks from your computer first, then download the most recent version from the Bluestacks website.
Make sure you have the required.NET framework installed in addition to obtaining the most recent version. All of the required components may be downloaded from Microsoft’s download website.
Some users recommend deleting all Bluestacks-related files, folders, and registry keys entirely. Follow these steps to do so:
- Bluestacks should be uninstalled. Go to the Settings app > System > Apps & Features to do so. Uninstall Bluestacks by finding it and clicking the Uninstall button.
- The following folders should be found and removed:
- BlueStacks in C:Program Files (x86) or BlueStacks in C:Program Files
- Enter percent temp percent and hit Enter or click OK by pressing Windows Key + R.
- Remove any BST files and folders from your computer. The search box in the upper right corner may be used to look for BST files.
- To uninstall Bluestacks, download the removal program and run it.
If this procedure seems to be too difficult, you may use an uninstaller program to remove Bluestacks.
Uninstaller software is a unique program that will fully uninstall a program, including all of its files and registry information.
You may guarantee that Bluestacks is fully uninstalled from your system by utilizing a professional uninstaller program. After you’ve used this program to uninstall Bluestacks, reinstall it and see whether the problem has been fixed.
3. Modify the security settings
Bluestacks startup issues have been reported by users to be caused by your security settings.
You may not have the required rights to execute this program at times, however you may resolve this issue by following these steps:
- Go to the installation location for Bluestacks. C: > Program Files > BlueStacks should be the default location.
- Right-click HD-StartLauncher and choose Properties from the menu.
- Click Edit on the Security tab.
- Select your user name in the group or user names area, then check Full control in the Allow column in the Permissions section.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK once you’ve finished.
4. Switch to Compatibility mode in Bluestacks.
A few users have noticed that running Bluestacks in Compatibility mode fixes issues with it not starting. Follow these steps to do so:
- Choose Properties from the menu when right-clicking the Bluestacks shortcut.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and make sure it’s checked. Select an earlier version of Windows from the dropdown menu and run this application in compatibility mode.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK once you’ve finished.
5. Shut off all of Bluestack’s processes.
If Bluestacks is unable to initialize on your computer, you may be able to resolve the issue by terminating all Bluestacks processes. This is a basic process that may be accomplished by following these steps:
- Activate the Airplane mode. If you don’t have access to a laptop, just turn off your Internet connection.
- To launch Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Identify and stop any Bluestacks processes. You may end the Bluestacks process by right-clicking it and selecting End Task from the menu.
- Close Task Manager after you’ve disabled all Bluestacks processes.
- Run HD-Quit, HD-QuitMultiInstance, and HD-Restart from the Bluestacks installation directory.
- After that, try running Bluestacks once again.
The installation of Bluestacks should now begin. You’re ready to go after you disable Airplane Mode or activate your Internet connection.
6. Download and install an earlier version of Bluestacks.
According to users, Bluestacks occasionally fails to start owing to bugs in the most recent version. Users advise reverting to an earlier version of the app to see if it helps.
To do so, you must first fully remove your existing Bluestacks installation. After that, try installing the previous version to see if it helps.
7. Double-check your antivirus software.
Bluestacks may fail to launch due to your antivirus software. However, you may easily resolve this issue by deactivating specific functions in your antivirus software.
If it doesn’t work, make sure Bluestacks is added to your antivirus and firewall’s list of exceptions. If the problem persists, you must turn off your antivirus completely.
In the worst-case situation, you may have no choice except to uninstall your antivirus altogether.
If removing the antivirus resolves the issue, you may want to try switching to a different antivirus.
There are many antivirus programs available, and some of them provide excellent protection without interfering with your machine.
8. Download and install the most recent updates.
Missing updates may also be a source of Bluestacks issues.
There may be some incompatibilities between Bluestacks and your Windows version. We highly advise you to maintain your Windows 10 up to date to guarantee that everything runs properly.
Windows 10 usually downloads missing updates automatically, however there are instances when specific problems arise, leading you to avoid updates. You may manually check for updates by performing the following:
- To launch the Settings app, press Windows Key + I.
- Go to the Update & Security section of the Settings app when it opens.
- Now, go ahead and click the Check for Updates option.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded in the background automatically. Check whether the Bluestacks issue has been fixed after installing the updates.
If Bluestacks is stuck on initializing on your Windows 10 PC, consider some of the solutions we’ve provided.
- CPU with four cores (Intel or AMD)
- Intel Iris 5100 GPU / Radeon HD8650G / GeForce 9800 GPU
- 8 gigabytes of RAM
- There is a total of 5 GB of storage space available.
Consider upgrading to an SSD and adding additional RAM to improve loading times.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you? 1
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are two responses to this post.
The bluestacks 5 not starting windows 10 is a problem that many users have been experiencing lately. This article will cover how to fix the issue and get your blueStacks back up and running.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you fix Bluestack could not start the engine?
If you are using a Windows PC, try restarting the Bluestack software. On a Mac, try rebooting your computer.
Why bluestacks engine is not working?
Bluestacks is not compatible with your device.
How do you restart bluestacks engine?
To restart the engine, you must close and re-open the application.
- bluestacks could not start the engine
- bluestacks 5 stuck on starting bluestacks please wait
- starting bluestacks, please wait reddit
- cannot start bluestacks failed to read configuration file
- why is bluestacks taking too long to load