There are several different ways to turn off a password protected sharing in Windows. This guide will show the steps for disabling this setting on the Home and Pro versions of Windows.
The “shared folder asking for password windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft released an update in order to fix this issue.
Kazim has always been fascinated by technology, whether it’s tinkering with the settings on his iPhone, Android device, or Windows computer. And, on occasion, unscrewing the gadget to inspect the hardware, however… Continue reading
- You’ve arrived to the correct place if you’re seeking for a solution to disable password-protected sharing in Windows 11.
- You may accomplish this in three ways: Control Panel, Registry Editor, or Local Users and Groups.
- Also, have a look at our selected list of the top third-party file sharing solutions.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
When you share files, folders, or other resources across a network, only those with the proper credentials may access them, since they are password secured by default.
If you wish to share resources with everyone, we’ve compiled a list of all the methods to disable password-protected sharing in Windows 11.
Only those who have a user account and password on the same system will be able to access shared resources if password security is enabled. However, once you disable the option, anybody on the network may access these files.
In Windows 11, there are essentially three methods to disable password-protected sharing, and we’ve covered them all below. To make the adjustment fast, choose the option that most fits you.
Should I disable Windows 11’s password-protected sharing?
There is no one-size-fits-all solution to this subject; it all depends on the resources being shared and the persons with whom they are shared. It wouldn’t be a huge hardship to switch off password secured sharing if you’re sharing certain files or devices on a home network.
So, assess the benefits and drawbacks of eliminating password security before making a choice.
In Windows 11, how can I disable password-protected sharing?
1. Using the Control Panel
- To open the Search menu, press Windows + S.
- In the top text area, type Control Panel, and then click on the first appropriate search result that displays.
- From the drop-down menus, choose Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Center from the drop-down menu.
- Then, from the list of choices on the left, choose Change advanced sharing settings.
- To access the password-protected sharing options, go to the bottom of the page and click All Networks.
- Finally, pick the option to turn off password-protected sharing and then click Save changes at the bottom.
After you’ve finished changing the settings, restart your computer, and the password-protected sharing in Windows 11 will be disabled.
2. Through the Registry
The Registry is a crucial operation, and any error on your side might leave the machine worthless. We recommend that you stick to the steps outlined here and make no other changes.
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R.
- To open the Registry Editor, type or paste regedit into the text area, then click OK or press Enter.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) question appears, choose Yes.
- Double-click on the everyoneincludeanonymous REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlLsa, then paste the following path in the address bar at the top and push Enter.
- To save the changes, type 1 in the Value data box and click OK.
- Next, double-click the restrictnullsessaccess REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEM REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEM REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEM REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEM REG DWORD:HKEY LOCAL MACHINESYSTEM REG CurrentControlSetServices LanmanServerParameters
- To save the changes, type 0 in the Value data box and click OK.
- To disable password protected sharing in Windows 11, close the Registry Editor and restart the PC.
If the Registry looks to be faulty, or the system’s performance has recently degraded, discover how to repair broken Registry entries in Windows 11.
3. Through the use of local users and groups
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R.
- To open the Local Users and Groups window, type or paste lusrmgr.msc into the text area, then click OK or press Enter.
- On the right, click the Users entry.
- Then, from the context menu, right-click on Guest and choose Properties.
- Tick the Password never expires checkbox and untick the others, then click OK to save your changes.
- In Windows 11, restarting the PC will switch off password secured sharing.
What should I do if I can’t deactivate password-protected sharing?
While the techniques outlined above work for the vast majority of users, some have reported being unable to disable password-protected sharing. This might be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrectly setup settings.
We advocate using the solutions described here as-is, and if they don’t work, see our dedicated guide to resolving problems that prevent you from deactivating password-protected sharing in Windows.
Despite the fact that the tutorial is for Windows 10, the techniques provided should work on the most recent version as well.
These are the several options for disabling password-protected sharing in Windows 11. However, before you do so, think about the privacy and security of shared resources. Also, have a look at our handpicked list of the top 10 Windows file-sharing programs.
In the comments area below, tell us the technique you used to disable password protected sharing in Windows 11.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Watch This Video-
The “windows 11 home group” is a feature that allows multiple people to share files and printers without the need for passwords. This can be turned off by going into the “Windows Security” section in the Control Panel.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove password protection from Windows 11?
A: If you are trying to remove the password protection from your Windows installation, you can use one of these methods.
Method 1: Use a standard user account instead of administrator
Method 2: Press and hold the power button on your computer for 30 seconds
You should then be prompted with an option to restart or change settings. Choose Change Settings. In this menu, uncheck Turn On, then press enter when it says Enable Advanced Startup Options
How do I turn off password protected sharing permanently?
A: To turn off password protected sharing permanently, simply purchase the game from the Sony website and choose exchange during checkout. You will be given a code for your new copy of Beat Saber that has no password protection on it.
Why I Cannot turn off password protected sharing?
A: Unfortunately, Sony does not allow users to turn off this feature. This is due to copyright restrictions that Sony fears would be leveled against them should they allow something like this.
- windows 11 network credentials
- windows 11 shared folder
- windows 11 share folder without password
- windows 10 share folder without password
- windows 10 share folder on network with password